We watched this re-telling of the parable of the Pharisee and Tax Collector in our youth group tonight, as we thought about having the right attitude before our holy and just God. Fun retelling of Jesus’ teaching.
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
- 8 ways to attain a pure heart
- A parachute as an illustration of faith and works
- Jesus, divorce and remarriage.
- A Christmas Cracker - new kids' service
- 13 Christian personality types
- The new masthead photo for Transforming Grace. A birds eye view of Holy Trinity West Bromwich.
- Does Christian remarriage effect eternal salvation?
Find stuff on TG
- The new mast head photo for Transforming Grace. A birds eye view of Holy Trinity West Bromwich. wp.me/p9Ymi-1VH 23 hours ago
- Youtube bible overview. Get the conclusion. wp.me/p9Ymi-1V2 2 days ago
- Had traditional Robbie kid birthday tea at #JadeCrystal Chinese Buffet complete with b'day cake. classic #WestBromwich food 2 days ago
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.