- there’s lots of detailed academic knowledge but little mission in today’s church
- churches are “clumping” around non-core values
- mainline churches are losing mission minded, determined men because of the distractions of fighting over bygone (largely liberal) issues
- social concern should go hand-in-hand with but not trump the gospel
- neonomianism is a big problem in the church
Each issue is arguably caused by an absence of the cross in church life. When the cross is decentralised other things become more important, don’t they?