Dear brothers and sisters at Holy Trinity
Happy New Year! As we start 2011 we will focus our energy and prayer on three areas of church life. These are our visions for those three areas:
1. God glorifying Sunday services
– We see every main service prayed for beforehand by a team of committed intercessors – please come at 10:00am on Sundays to pray for each service
– We see an increased sense of the presence of God in our Sunday services.
– We see godly musicians leading us in songs of praise and thanksgiving
– We see a committed team to work behind the scenes on sound, vision, refreshments and pastoral care.
2. Strengthening Junior Church
– We see a well equipped and committed team of leaders focused on teaching the next generation.
– We see kids asking parents to bring them to church on Sunday morning because of the engaging welcome, clear-cut teaching & heart felt worship of Junior Church.
3 Launching Messy Church
– We see a new monthly meeting for kids, youth, parents and others called Messy Church, meeting on the last Tuesday evening of each month.
– We see Messy Church as a vibrant and fun way for parents and children to engage with each other and God.
As well as focusing on these three areas of church life I’ve set about creating a vision for the parish of Holy Trinity which requires faith in God, both for his direction and the provision of people beyond our current members. It will require collaboration, team work, a shared sense of God’s calling and enabling. In many ways it feels very risky but God takes no risks as nothing with stop God being God and fulfilling his will and purpose for his creation and so we are freed to be risk takers.
This draft vision comes from Exodus 18:13-27 and Titus 1:5, and so at Holy Trinity
We see a growing band of men and women battling prayerfully together for the mission of the church.
We see trusted leaders appointed and trained to oversee small groups.
We see all church members committed to a small group.
And we see a small group on every street in the parish.
Please commit this vision to prayer and ask God to bless and prosper our work in his name. In Proverbs 16:3 we read “Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.”
May 2011 be a good year for the work of Christ at Holy Trinity and may he be glorified in all that we do.
With love and blessing