I will be preaching through the Sermon on the Mount after Easter and have been inspired by the work of Christian Vision for Men and Codelife to think about making the commandment of Christ into a personal response for myself and others. This is my first draft:
1. Jesus Christ is my rescuer and captain. I will put him first in my heart, mind and life with all the strength His Spirit provides.
2. Nothing God has made will attract my devotion more than Christ.
3. I will give Christ a good name in all I say and do.
4. I will honour my mother and father
5. I will take a day of rest from work, with my family and church family, to worship God and learn from him.
6. I will not get angry with my brother or sister.
7. I will not take anything which does not belong to me.
8. I will only have sexual desire for my wife or husband.
9. I will not lie or cheat.
10. I will be content with life and not desire more than I already have.
11. I will have a change of heart and direction when I break God’s law and I will believe in Jesus as my Saviour, the one who made me right before the Lord by his death, taking the penalty for my law breaking.
12. I will not judge others, because God alone is judge.
If anyone has any suggestions, comments, refinements, I’d be glad to hear them.