Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.
O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.
O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.
O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.
O give thine own sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee,
To weary ones in needful hour.
O fill me with Thy fulness, Lord,
Until my very heart o’erflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
O use me, Lord, use even me
Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where;
Until Thy blessèd face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
- 8 ways to attain a pure heart
- Does Christian remarriage effect eternal salvation?
- 13 Christian personality types
- 5 marks of a pure heart
- Why did Jesus call fishermen to follow him?
- Five marks of true hungering and thirsting after righteousness
- The differences between legalism, antinomianism, neonomianism and the true gospel in four lines.
Find stuff on TG
- Gladly. Far better than "A good read" or anything else on #Radio4 twitter.com/ros_clarke/sta… 4 days ago
- Playing #missionis after Sunday lunch we are left wondering what @thevicarswife is saying to us. "Mission is eating… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- RT @glenscrivener: Our grand finale (sniff!) youtube.com/watch?v=h2m5Sl… #MeetTheNativity 1 month ago
- Adam and Eve
- C.H. Spurgeon
- C.J. Mahaney
- Carson Pue
- Christian ministry
- church leadership
- Church of England
- covenant of grace
- Covenant of works
- David Cameron
- Ebenezer Erskine
- Fellowship of Word and Spirit
- From the vicarage
- Gospel and Law
- Grace and Works
- hetrogenous church
- Holy Trinity
- Holy Trinity West Bromwich
- Homogenous church
- Horatius Bonar
- Inner city
- Inner City Ministry
- inner city mission
- Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands
- John Piper
- law and gospel
- Mark Driscoll
- Ministry Burnout
- Ministry Trainee
- Oak Hill College
- Paul Tripp
- reaching the unreached
- small groups
- Song of Songs
- substitutionary atonement
- The Cross
- the gospel
- Thomas Boston
- Thomas Watson
- Tim Chester
- Tim Keller
- tree of life
- vision statement
- West Bromwich
- William Still
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.