We’ve just finished a six-week Lent course using Steve Timmis and Tim Chester’s excellent book, Everyday Church. I simplified, sumarised and added to the teaching of each chapter in a handout, with bible study notes on 1 Peter. I encouraged all members of the course to read the book in conjuntion with the discussion groups for Lent. You can download the handouts below:
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- RT @WMPolice: MISSING: Ibrahim Mohammed, aged nine, from Winson Green. Not seen since 1.30pm today. Please call 101 if sighted. https://t.c… 1 hour ago
- The Money Charity reveals our national obsession with debt. Debt enslaves the debtor. Are we a nation of slaves? bit.ly/1yyAZNq 2 days ago
- In Joshua 1, God makes it clear that when all people, leaders incl, live under the rule of HIS law, then the nation will prosper. #Brexit 2 days ago
Don on Could Jesus have chosen not to… Barry Wind on Does Christian remarriage effe… neilrobbie on Does Christian remarriage effe… kristen clark on Does Christian remarriage effe… Barry Wind on Does Christian remarriage effe… Jon Shaw Sr. on Does Christian remarriage effe… Len Rivera on Does Christian remarriage effe… Lonnie on Does Christian remarriage effe…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.