We’ve just come back from a really sunny Eastbourne after a fantastic weekend at Bible by the Beach. Our whole family is refreshed and built-up in the Lord from the bible teaching, seminars and kids work. Big thanks to all who organised and delivered the weekend again this year, it was great.
We are probably going to go again next year, as our kids insist on it. That’s the first reason we have to go. If you have kids, think about going just for this reason, ours are always really encouraged after being with loads of kids under excellent fun-filled teaching.
Here’s another nine reasons we go and which might encourage you:
1. It “shares the same heart” as Word Alive and Keswick, although it is not formally linked.
2. May Bank Holiday is a great time to get away for a short break.
3. Accommodation options make it affordable if you camp or stay in a static caravan.
4. The venue is fantastic. The Congress Theatre, winter gardens and Eastbourne Tennis Club work well, and are three minutes walk from the beach.
5. The flow of the bible readings, seminars and free time is relaxed, though there’s lots packed into three days and an evening.
6. 10ofthose do a very spacious, well run bookstall.
7. The fish and chips from the Holiday Inn Fish Restraurant and ice creams from Fava’loso Cafe, both across the street from the winter gardens, are amazing.
8. There are enough church leaders there to be encouraging without being overwhelming. You don’t have to spend the whole time catching up.
9. It’s Christ centred through and through including the worship, led in the evenings by Stuart Townend.
Next year Bible by the Beach will be held on 2-5th May. It will focus on the issue of human identity and is titled “True Humanity.” Why not stick it in your diary now?