If my 10 reasons to attend Bible by the Beach didn’t persude you to stick it in your diary for next year, John Stevens and Adrian Holloway have added their commendations for Bible by the Beach in Eastbourne (2-5th May 2014). They both give a far fuller picture than me for why it is a great event.
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- Eat, sleep, pray, walk repeat. https://t.co/BcrCTQbJSy 15 hours ago
- Free ebook to download and a good way into reading John Piper, a practical theology of marriage desiringgod.org/books/this-mom… 3 days ago
- Night shelter on the way for Wolverhampton's homeless expressandstar.com/news/2016/02/0… via @ExpressAndStar 4 days ago
Keb on Does Christian remarriage effe… Christine on Jesus, divorce and remarr… TRUTH on Jesus, divorce and remarr… TRUTH on Jesus, divorce and remarr… TRUTH on Jesus, divorce and remarr… TRUTH on Jesus, divorce and remarr… Daniel. on Jesus, divorce and remarr… neilrobbie on Jesus, divorce and remarr…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.