We watched this re-telling of the parable of the Pharisee and Tax Collector in our youth group tonight, as we thought about having the right attitude before our holy and just God. Fun retelling of Jesus’ teaching.
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- Let no debt remain, except the ongoing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman fulfills the law. Rm 13:8 #electionbible 44 minutes ago
- Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes;@if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; Romans 13:7 #electionbible 47 minutes ago
- This is also why you pay taxes,@for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Romans 13:6 #electionbible 48 minutes ago
Alison on Does Christian remarriage effe… Alison on Does Christian remarriage effe… Alison on Does Christian remarriage effe… sharen on Does Christian remarriage effe… Brian Midmore on The Good Samaritan, gospel or… neilrobbie on The Good Samaritan, gospel or… Brian Midmore on The Good Samaritan, gospel or… matthewloftus on Urban ministry reading list…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.