We used one of Matt Chandler’s sermon jams to teach on prayer at the last of our post-SOUL course sessions tonight. Whilst on Youtube I was pleased to see a couple more gospel focused sermon jams. I find kinetic typology a really beautiful and helpful way of presenting the gospel, but that might be because I am dyslexic.
- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- #justpray liveprayer justpray.uk/pray/justpray/ has 2,745,000 individual prayers on wall. Join in prayer and tick the ones you have prayed. 2 days ago
- Vain Service - today's Valley of Vision prayer on where ministry so often goes awry banneroftruth.org/uk/devotional/… 5 days ago
- RT @JustinWelby: Why arguing with God is not the same as not believing in him (and why I need to remember how headline writers think) https… 1 week ago
BITRUS on Two body structures for church… Barry Wind on Does Christian remarriage effe… Barry Wind on Does Christian remarriage effe… Grace on 13 Christian personality … patience on 8 ways to attain a pure h… jayson on Does Christian remarriage effe… Charity on Does Christian remarriage effe… Dr Brendan Kirby on Another 8 biblical personality…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.