- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- My immediate response to the Manchester terrorist attack. transforminggrace.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/my-… 2 days ago
- Holy Trinity #WestBromwich will be open for prayer from Thurs 25th May to Sat 3rd June. For times & details see holytrinitywb.org/church-events/… 2 days ago
- praying over #sandwell as part of the prayer walk @Sandwellnet. Lamentations 5 has shaped my prayers all week. Weep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
Jordan Keiser on Puritan emotion, assurance and… Mike on Does Christian remarriage effe… By what kind of deat… on How can someone die and never… The Churches of East… on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Timothy Yau on Holy, catholic and aposto… David on How should I respond to sub-Ch… neilrobbie on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Trevor Sidnell on How should I respond to sub-Ch…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Evangelism
Richard Baxter ministered in Kidderminster in the mid to late 17th century and his model of oversight of the flock is as relevant today as it was then. The size, mobility and diversity of parishes has changed dramatically, requiring a … Continue reading
So you are in a conversation about the gospel and you mention the “G” word, guilt. You say something like, we are all guilty before God for breaking his laws. The other person responds with “I don’t feel guilty.” The … Continue reading
In Mark 1, Jesus says “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” This sentence is then often shortened, if not in reality then in our own minds, to “unbelievers … Continue reading
On Your Farm (6:30am on Radio 4 this morning 7th April in case you want to listen again on BBC iPlayer) followed the events on a sheep farm in north Wales, where late, deep spring snow has killed hundreds of … Continue reading
I received a review copy of the Christianity Explored SOUL course back in 2010, when it was first released. This is my review. It’s taken me a while to get round to it, but I have waited until the materials … Continue reading
I’ve been a pastor for three and a half years. Dave Harvey has been a pastor and church planter for 30 years and has served on the leadership team of Sovereign Grace Ministries for 17 years. His book “Am I … Continue reading
In this 40 minute session, Rico flew over the philosophy under girding Christianity Explored, which is based on Mark’s gospel and the questions “Who is Jesus?”, “Why did Jesus come?” and “What does it mean to follow him?” BBTB Rico … Continue reading