- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- I am 6'5". Getting into a small French car, I told the lady driver how cramped i was because I have a big ham (jambon/jambes) @MooseAllain 1 week ago
- Galton Bridge at sunset. #westbromwich https://t.co/TcmQBMS2ro 2 weeks ago
- Wealth is not profitable on a day of wrath, but righteousness rescues from death. Prov 11:4. What should we seek first each day? Romans 3:22 2 weeks ago
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Holy Trinity West Bromwich
Simon Smallwood spoke last at this year’s RTU conference, on the subject of the third section of the RTU vision statement: To see a movement of Christ centred churches, reaching socially deprived people in a grass roots way. My notes … Continue reading
Five planets are aligning across the dawn sky over the next month, in a rare treat for skywatchers. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter will be simultaneously visible to the naked eye for the first time in more than a … Continue reading
Our A&E groans like a gangrenous laugh, satisfaction now far from both patients and staff. An NHS ward makes up the next bed, as suffering souls become targets instead. Consultants are drawn by satisfaction and pay, and the mind stretching … Continue reading
Yesterday I reported that I had spoken to a journalist about the Woolf Institute’s report on the death of Christian Britain. Here’s a picture of the article, which you can read online a the Express and Star, “So are we … Continue reading
Today is the 5th anniversary of my induction as vicar of Holy Trinity West Bromwich. It seems like no time at all since I rang the bell of the church 13 or 14 times, indicating that we hoped to stay … Continue reading
It’s only 10 weeks until the national mission, A Passion for Life, which will be running all across the country, hosted by groups of local churches. For our part, Holy Trinity and the Calvary Church will unite in local mission. … Continue reading
My new header photo was inspired by the headers over at The Vicar’s Wife and at The Urban Pastor whose photos are of the place in which they serve the Lord, West Bromwich and Balham respectively. I like being reminded … Continue reading