- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- My immediate response to the Manchester terrorist attack. transforminggrace.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/my-… 3 days ago
- Holy Trinity #WestBromwich will be open for prayer from Thurs 25th May to Sat 3rd June. For times & details see holytrinitywb.org/church-events/… 3 days ago
- praying over #sandwell as part of the prayer walk @Sandwellnet. Lamentations 5 has shaped my prayers all week. Weep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
Jordan Keiser on Puritan emotion, assurance and… Mike on Does Christian remarriage effe… By what kind of deat… on How can someone die and never… The Churches of East… on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Timothy Yau on Holy, catholic and aposto… David on How should I respond to sub-Ch… neilrobbie on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Trevor Sidnell on How should I respond to sub-Ch…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Inner City Ministry
This is the first of four posts of my notes from the very excellent Reaching the Unreached conference which was held in Liverpool last week. As always with my conference notes I remind readers that these may not be the … Continue reading
The booking is now open for this year’s reaching the unreached conference. Last year’s event was probably the best Christian day conference for pastors I’ve been on. Please don’t book your place for this year until I have got my … Continue reading
We are pleased to be able to offer a post for a ministry trainee, starting in September 2012. For details of what the MT scheme involves you can dowload our information sheet and post description.
Mez McConnell has a really refreshing and encouraging post on why kindness shown in various social projects is not what the inner city, UPA, estate needs. Here’s some choice quotes from his post. In my opinion, most inner city housing … Continue reading
Someone at Oak Hill College has been busy doing Christ-centred promo videos with the students on how college prepares folk for Christian ministry. Here’s a couple (three) which apply to our urban context, brilliant:
Probably the best Christian ministers’ conference I’ve been on. The videos are a must watch for anyone in UPA/inner city/council estate mission and ministry. Reaching the Unreached Conference Talks 2011.