- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- I am 6'5". Getting into a small French car, I told the lady driver how cramped i was because I have a big ham (jambon/jambes) @MooseAllain 2 weeks ago
- Galton Bridge at sunset. #westbromwich https://t.co/TcmQBMS2ro 2 weeks ago
- Wealth is not profitable on a day of wrath, but righteousness rescues from death. Prov 11:4. What should we seek first each day? Romans 3:22 2 weeks ago
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Pornography
The human heart is made to love and this love settles on almost anything in or around us and when it does we face addiction. Self-image, stimulants, power, money, other people, all compete for our affection and that affection can … Continue reading
Here’s part two of my notes from the CVM day “Men and Motives”. This session was on addiction. Why do we get addicted? We were made for heaven and perfection. Earth is not heaven. There is pain and suffering for … Continue reading
News has been released this week that a licence application has been submitted for a fourth lap dancing club in West Bromwich High Street. I can’t see how a town of only 137,000 people can support that many strip joints. … Continue reading
There’s a few posts on this blog about overcoming porn use and how the Christian press has been raising the issue of porn more openly and decisively in recent times. An American journalist, Anne Jackson, commented on my post on … Continue reading
There’s more evidence in last week’s Daily Mail of discontent amongst British women due to a crisis of masculinity in British men. Liz Jones writes “Who created this generation of feeble ‘Hotel Mum’ men? Er, I did” Jones is scathing … Continue reading
Has anyone else noticed that the Christian press is writing openly and decisively about the problem of pornography? Christianity magazine ran an article titled Gagged and Bound in its February edition, asking why churches are silent on something which is … Continue reading