- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- I am 6'5". Getting into a small French car, I told the lady driver how cramped i was because I have a big ham (jambon/jambes) @MooseAllain 2 weeks ago
- Galton Bridge at sunset. #westbromwich https://t.co/TcmQBMS2ro 2 weeks ago
- Wealth is not profitable on a day of wrath, but righteousness rescues from death. Prov 11:4. What should we seek first each day? Romans 3:22 2 weeks ago
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: reaching the unreached
Simon Smallwood spoke last at this year’s RTU conference, on the subject of the third section of the RTU vision statement: To see a movement of Christ centred churches, reaching socially deprived people in a grass roots way. My notes … Continue reading
Graham Miller from London City Mission led the second at Reaching the Unreached. He addressed the questions, “who are the unreached?” and “how can they be reached?” Focusing on his knowledge of the population of London, Graham explained that 15% … Continue reading
It was brilliant to be reunited at the Reaching the Unreached conference on Saturday with faithful ministers who share the same passion for Christ-centred ministry in areas of high social deprivation. Two of us from Holy Trinity West Bromwich took … Continue reading
Reaching the Unreached – Going Viral. How the gospel goes viral. Lessons on ministry in tough places Christian mission and ministry in the UK today is tough. The prevailing secular culture ensures that it is so. The spirit of the … Continue reading
This is the last of four posts of my notes from the very excellent Reaching the Unreached conference which was held in Liverpool last week. As always with my conference notes I remind reads that these may not be the … Continue reading
This is the third of four posts of my notes from the very excellent Reaching the Unreached conference which was held in Liverpool last week. As always with my conference notes I remind readers that these may not be the … Continue reading