- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- RT @Olly_Knight: I've put up our song lists, video links & some reflections from Word Alive last week. worshipjesus.co.uk/word-alive-201… #WAEvent2017… 15 hours ago
- Please pray for Malaysian Pastor Raymond Koh's, whose abduction raises anti-Christian fears in Malaysia smh.com.au/world/pastor-r… via @smh 1 day ago
- Well done @albertramos88 on reaching your 1st ATP1000 final. Congratulations! 2 days ago
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: vision
I’m interested to know what advice new incumbents [or pastors] might give to curates [or assistant ministers] whilst the experience of stepping up from the number two position to number one in church life is still fresh. I have been … Continue reading
I am one of 12 new incumbents (vicars) on an 18-month training programme called “developing leadership in a changing church.” The programme has been run for ten years by four Church of England dioceses; Lichfield, Coventry, Birmingham and Worcester. The … Continue reading
At a funeral yesterday I was asked how long I’d being doing what I do. “Two years tomorrow” I replied. That always raises eyebrows in surprise, but not as much as saying I left Singapore and a career in structural … Continue reading
From the vicarage March 2011 On 6th March an invited group of church members will be gathering to think and pray about forming a nucleus of small groups. Please be praying for us as we start on this journey, faithfully … Continue reading
Next Thursday is the second anniversary of my induction as vicar of Holy Trinity West Bromwich. As a leader I am constantly faced with questions about how lead God’s people and to find the answers to my questions I turn … Continue reading
We’ve just agreed on a vision statement for Holy Trinity which we believe will be the most effective way to fulfil our mission. The vision is to see a small group started on every street in the parish. We have … Continue reading