- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- My immediate response to the Manchester terrorist attack. transforminggrace.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/my-… 3 days ago
- Holy Trinity #WestBromwich will be open for prayer from Thurs 25th May to Sat 3rd June. For times & details see holytrinitywb.org/church-events/… 3 days ago
- praying over #sandwell as part of the prayer walk @Sandwellnet. Lamentations 5 has shaped my prayers all week. Weep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
Jordan Keiser on Puritan emotion, assurance and… Mike on Does Christian remarriage effe… By what kind of deat… on How can someone die and never… The Churches of East… on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Timothy Yau on Holy, catholic and aposto… David on How should I respond to sub-Ch… neilrobbie on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Trevor Sidnell on How should I respond to sub-Ch…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Ministry Trainee
Do you (or someone you know) want to learn to serve Christ, lead ministry and teach the bible in West Bromwich? As well as all the experience, there’s lots of fresh baked cake from the vicar’s wife’s messy kitchen and … Continue reading
We have an opening on our Ministry Trainee scheme at Holy Trinity starting in September 2013. If you love Jesus, want to make a difference in an multicultural, urban deprived community and estate by telling people about the love of … Continue reading
Holy Trinity church is delighted to offer the opportunity for someone to gain experience in Christian ministry through our Ministry Trainee scheme. We have a post available and encourage applicants from any church background and denomination. You must have a … Continue reading
We are pleased to be able to offer a post for a ministry trainee, starting in September 2012. For details of what the MT scheme involves you can dowload our information sheet and post description.
My ministry trainee has been asked by the DDO (Diocesan Director of Ordinands) to spend some time using the Anglican daily office in preparation for selection conference. He has also been asked to interview me about my devotional life. In … Continue reading
If you are keen to be trained and to gain experience of teaching God’s word and leadership in a multi-cultural parish, Holy Trinity Church has a ministry trainee post available from September 2010. Details of the scheme and who to … Continue reading