- We lost a paradise by sin,
and have gained a heaven by the cross.
Stephen Charnock (1628-80)
Until sin be bitter,
Christ will not be sweet.
Thomas Watson (1668)
The cross once seen
is death to every vice.
William Cowper (1835)
The tear of repentance is shed by the eye of faith, and faith, as it weeps, stands beneath the cross.
Horatius Bonar? (1880s)
Let them that will, repent, that Christ may do for them.
I believe what Christ hath done for me, that I may repent.
Thomas Boston (1720s)
A discovery of Christ
in the light of the Spirit,
wastes, weakens and withers
the body of sin.
Ebenezer Erskine (1730s)
If you will remember Christ's love, you will be lifted up from your crookedness, and made straight.
C.H. Spurgeon (1890)
Live in Christ, die in Christ, and then flesh need not fear death.
John Knox (1572)
Top posts (last 24hrs)
Find stuff on TG
- My immediate response to the Manchester terrorist attack. transforminggrace.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/my-… 2 days ago
- Holy Trinity #WestBromwich will be open for prayer from Thurs 25th May to Sat 3rd June. For times & details see holytrinitywb.org/church-events/… 2 days ago
- praying over #sandwell as part of the prayer walk @Sandwellnet. Lamentations 5 has shaped my prayers all week. Weep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
Jordan Keiser on Puritan emotion, assurance and… Mike on Does Christian remarriage effe… By what kind of deat… on How can someone die and never… The Churches of East… on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Timothy Yau on Holy, catholic and aposto… David on How should I respond to sub-Ch… neilrobbie on How should I respond to sub-Ch… Trevor Sidnell on How should I respond to sub-Ch…
- Adam and Eve assurance BBC Beatitudes Burnout C.H. Spurgeon C.J. Mahaney Carson Pue Christ Christian ministry church leadership Church of England covenant of grace Covenant of works David Cameron death divorce Ebenezer Erskine Evangelism faith Fellowship of Word and Spirit From the vicarage Gospel and Law Grace Grace and Works hetrogenous church Holiness Holy Trinity Holy Trinity West Bromwich Homogenous church Horatius Bonar Inner city Inner City Ministry inner city mission Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands Jesus John Piper justification law and gospel liberalism love Mark Driscoll marriage meditation ministry Ministry Burnout Ministry Trainee mission neonomianism Oak Hill College Paul Tripp Pornography Prayer Preaching Puritans reaching the unreached sanctification small groups Song of Songs Spurgeon substitutionary atonement Suffering The Cross the gospel Thomas Boston Thomas Watson Tim Chester Tim Keller tree of life vicarage vision vision statement West Bromwich William Still Wolverhampton
Creative Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: love
The mainstream media has exposed us to reviews of Margaret Thatcher’s life and contribution to British history ad nauseum over the past couple of days, so I post at the risk of readers already being sick to the back teeth … Continue reading
The UK was once marked by a spirit of duty under God and love. Men and women would go to great lengths to do the right thing for others, even at great personal cost. This spirit has been replaced in … Continue reading
We live in an age where entitlement has become part and parcel of the way we think. We might not say it, but we come to think with everyone else; I am entitled to all sorts of things. I am … Continue reading
In one of three illustrations on sacrificial love, the love which lies at the heart of God and which led to Christ’s death for sinners, Tim Keller shows what it means to be crucified by loving those who are in … Continue reading
The work of the pastor is never done. There are always more needs abounding than there is time to meet them all. These needs are practical, relational and theological. People need a helping hand to do things, to fix broken … Continue reading
Here’s the gospel in three words: Love. God loves his creation, everything and everyone he made. Psalm 33:5-6 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. By the word of the LORD … Continue reading